blog design

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Beauty

     

         This morning, as I was standing in front of the mirror in my essentials everything hit me. My son was laying on the bed in front of me just smiling at me. He was happy and giggling, there wasn't an ounce of judgement pouring from his body. You see, I was standing there with my mommy tummy, my lines that now encroach the beautiful skin that used to be there, the extra pounds that replaced the perfect number that I once was on the scale, and my son was staring at me in awe. He doesn't need me to show him how beautiful I am, he already believes it. Jack taught me this morning that I need to believe I am beautiful just as he believes it without question. Beauty isn't my definition, it isn't my worth, it is the beliefs and the spirit inside of me pouring out of my skin. It is my heart showing its true character through the shell that holds it, it is the love and joy that I have radiating from my inner being. My beauty is not based upon my outward appearance but who I am within my soul.

       As you start each day remember that you are your own definition and your beauty is not a measure of what you see in the mirror.



1 comment:

  1. Hey Girl, so true! I have been reading Song of Songs in the mornings and have been reminded of our love relationship with Jesus. "You are beautiful my darling. There is no flaw in you."

    ReplyDelete