blog design

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Lighting

Continuing on with our lighting adventures, Ryan and I also decided to update the lighting in the dining room. We started with builder grade lighting:
Well, It wasn't exactly the same as when we moved in ( I removed the glass cups surrounding the light bulbs in a desperate move of needing the light changed in some way). We once again chose the Foto light from Ikea , or as Ryan calls it the 'jumbotron'. We first began by uninstalling the original fixture:


 Due to the old wiring in our house I am omitting how exactly we wired the fixture into our ceiling. No worries, it was safe. Here is the wire portion of the new fixture hanging from the spot in the ceiling:


 Here she is, I really love her. I am still unsure of how to handle the wire hanging wonky, but I'm scheming something with rope ;)


1 comment: