blog design

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Saw Blades + Mirrors = Smirades?!

       One day, I was skyping with Ryan and he informed of a new show on lifetime that apparently was specifically made for me. He was referring to Picker Sisters, its a show, where two designers travel across the county in the search for 'junk' that they can transform into other objects, for example, two fenders placed together can make a coffee table.   > google.the.show.trust.me.you.won't.regret.it.< Here are a few photos of their creations. Do you see that hanging chair?! Epic... Don't even get me started on the awesomeness of the rope chandelier!
Picker Sisters PhotosPicker Sisters Photos

Onto the Smirades :):
  Anyway, the other day I was out garage sale-ing with my mom, and came across 3 rusty saw blades. At first, I just loved the look of the them, and the price, which was $.50 for all three. It was one of those moments where I just bought them because I loved them, not because they had a purpose. Then I had a Picker Sister moment, the blades suddenly became small sunburst mirrors. At worst, I would be out $.50 for the blades, and $9.00 for the 3 mirrors. So, without further adieu here is how i created the 3 mini sunburst mirrors, I used 3 saw blades, 3 mirrors, and Aleene's original tacky glue.








         

1 comment: