blog design

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Reclaimed Wood Coffee Table

When we got our current couch we didn't have a coffee table to go with it. I had a really hard time trying to find a coffee table that would be long enough, within our budget, and in the style that I wanted. So, I came up with the idea to use the scrap wood that had been sitting outside for a few years. I attempted to build the table myself, but I didn't feel confident enough to complete it, so I had Ryan do a majority of the cuts/drilling, and I stained, applied polyurethane, and painted the table. Unfortunately, I do not have photographs of the process, but I do have photographs of the final results.
 Ryan screwed the boards together with these flat brackets:
 This box came from our garage, I believe the old owner used it as a tool box of sorts.

I painted the legs the color of the dining room walls, because I like two toned furniture pieces. If you have any questions feel free to ask! :)

1 comment: