blog design

Thursday, January 7, 2016

Eating Change Day 3

Day 3
So, traditionally, day 3-5 are my hardest days during a cleanse.  I always feel crappy because my body is detoxing from all the junk I put in it.  Unfortunately, I have to travel today and tomorrow (day 4).

72 hours in and the weight scale says I'm down about 6lbs.

Please note:  I am drinking as much water as humanly possible (120-150oz) and not having any type of irregular bowel movements.  Everything is normal.  Just eating different and already fitting into my clothes better.












Traveling is the worst for me.  First, it is hard for me to not look at eating out as a treat.  I also typically have my meals paid for me when I travel.  So, I may get the extra app, beer, or bigger meal.
Britt packed a HUGE bag of food to help me stay strong.  I had to wake up around 5:30 so I didn't have time for a workout.  I made 4 eggs, some cheese, and a piece of toast with coconut butter spread.  It was good.  I didn't have time to make juice.












I was so thankful when I got to work to see there were no m&m's in the snack jar.  Not that I am drawn to them.  Just didn't want a distraction.

I had a really busy morning so I didn't have a chance to have any snacks.

I ate an early lunch because I had a lunch meeting.  Britt made me a turkey meatloaf that was probably my favorite meatloaf I've ever had (take that pettisville meats).  I ate a pound of blue berries (tasted SO good) and two string cheeses.  I also at as many carrots and hummus as possible.  I had to eat VERY fast but I finished when I got back a couple hours later.



I ate the turkey meatloaf pretty much all afternoon. It was so good.

I had another meeting after work and then got to my hotel.  I stay at a doubletree which means warm chocolate chip and nut cookies.  I was proud of myself because I refused it.  The lady even said "are you sure?"  Thank Jesus "yes, I'm sure" was easy.  When I got to my room they had written me a letter and left MORE chocolate.  One of the pieces was dark.  I thought "shoot, britt eats dark chocolate!"  However, britt is in a better place than me.  So, I just ignored it too.  May seem small to you but exciting to me!

Britt made me enough food for a week away (just gone over night), but it was going to be a hassle to try to make it for dinner.  So, I decided to do my first eating out.  You HAVE to plan/strategize ahead if you're like me.  All day I had in my mind "just go for the caesar salad!"  I even asked people around me if they knew someone that had a good one. So, I got a caesar salad with grilled chicken and hummus with baked pita.  Now, you have to understand that bread used to be my biggest weakness.  Britt has encouraged me to do a lot less (tortilla chips, toast, bun bread, pita chips) but still be okay eating some.  So, I had about 10-15 pita pieces with as much hummus on them as possible.  I also ate the hummus with the provided celery.  It was another victory!



I won't be able to weigh in tomorrow because I am still traveling.  We'll see Day 5 if my eating choices influenced the scale.

His Grace Alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment