blog design

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Weight loss for the fed up fat guy

Past:

Well, I tried just about everything.  I did the juice fast, I tried "reboots", I tried portion control, I tried counting calories, I tried paleo, I tried intense exercise.  All quick fixes to a life-long problem.

I am going to describe my day to day results in this blog.  It will typically be short.  This one is long because I want to provide some background.

I have went up and down in weight many times over the last 10-11 years.  I have been as low as 205 and as much as 282.  Every summer I lose weight from my winter depression, travel, and poor eating choices.  This summer I managed to get down between 238-245.  Like clockwork, I went up to 252 from thanksgiving to new years.  I do this every year... So, I am up about 10 lbs right now compared to the beginning of November.  I did the same thing last year and the year before and even gained another 10 lbs to get to 265 before spring.

If you are looking through this blog post and see how long it is then please read this and feel free to stop:  We thrive on our weaknesses.  We have unknowingly connected who we are to our misfortune, sickness, unhealthiness, or pain.  We sometimes hold on to our weaknesses as a merit badge.  My son, Jack, loves sticky things.  So, he is dramatic about any sores on his body because he wants that band-aid.  I don't have it all figured out, but I know that I hang onto my weight as my crutch for what makes me, me.  I have chosen through the Grace of God to thrive on his strength and ability in me to become a better me.

If you want help improving your health and quality of life please like the Go Nourished page on facebook.

Britt's Transformation:

Its been awesome over the past 5 months watching my wife transform her body through changing her eating.  However, the fact that I couldn't convince myself to flip the switch has been frustrating.  Previously, Britt, like me, did all the diets and training.

We have both prescribed to the notion that natural foods are the best medicine for our day-to-day needs.  Growing up in one of the most obese areas in the U.S., we didn't have the healthy eating alternatives that larger cities have.  So, processed foods, starches, and meat were pretty much all anyone knew.  We both knew that eating less processed foods and more greens was the way to go.  We just weren't convinced enough to do it.

Britt started researching and reading every book she could get her hands on regarding the topic of natural eating.  She started by testing her research on herself.  She learned that is really isn't about calories.  This was a huge shift for me because I always thought "calories in, calories out" was the formula for weight loss or gain.  I still think there's some fact to that, but I now believe that concept has been developed based on "normal" eating tendencies. For example:  If your body is used to a 2500 calorie diet and you eat 2500 calories worth of greens and natural foods and drink 1000 calories of juice your body will respond differently compared to eating 3500 calories worth of processed foods.  The reason why is because your body can break the calories down and use the calories differently.

Britt developed an eating plan that she started at the beginning of August 2015.  Please note:  Britt did not increase her workout regimen during this time.  In fact, I would say her workout regimen decreased because of the thanksgiving and Christmas season.  Plus, we don't get out as much during the winter.  See her results below:


As you can see, Britt has saw awesome results!  She has started a company called Go Nourished. Please find her on facebook if you are interested in help.

Day 1.



It's the first day but it doesn't feel like all the other first days I've done.  Typically, I am excited but eagerly anticipating the results and end.  Whether is was a 3, 5, 7, or 10 day "change" I always couldn't wait for the results and the end.  This day 1 was different because it felt like the first day of forever.  

Britt and I discussed the things I wanted to keep in my diet before we started.  Toast in the morning was one of those things.  So, I started with 4 eggs (yeah 4 eggs!) with cheese on them (cheese?  your diet includes cheese? whhhaaattt!?) and a piece of toast with butter on it.  I also made a big glass of vegetable and fruit juice.  It included kale (a lot of kale), green apples, cucumber, 2 oranges, avocado, and a banana.  Yeah, I know that's a lot of sugar.  Get off my case! :)

I had almonds as an optional snack.  For lunch, I had a bowl of green veggies, chicken, and shreaded sweet potato (get meal lists and recipes from Go Nourished).  Britt seasoned it to my liking.  PLEASE NOTE:  I DO NOT EAT VEGETABLES, EVER.  YOU LIKE VEGETABLES MORE THAN ME.  ANYONE CAN DO THIS!  Here is a picture:

  

I drank my juice throughout the day but I couldn't even finish the above bowl.  Compare that to me typically eating a HUGE lunch.  The greens were SO filling and the chicken really helped.  

For dinner, I had mashed sweet potatoes, steak, and asparagus.  Picture:

  

I had a boring night at home that would typically turn into a snack-a-thon.  It was different tonight. I felt full and satisfied.  

I also felt the Grace of God working in my life.  I don't have to fight to stay on this "diet".  I have prepared myself by thanking Jesus for his help and thanking him for taking away my desires for the foods that are killing me.  His Grace is sufficient for me.

If you can relate to this but want to see my results then wait a couple weeks.  I'll keep you updated.  If you know in your heart this is what you need but you don't know how to start please reach out to Britt at Go Nourished.  She'll help you through the whole process.

Only by His Grace.



No comments:

Post a Comment