blog design

Sunday, January 10, 2016

Eating Change Day 6

Day 6
Waking up to losing more weight always feels good.  However, I want to remind those reading that my plans may be different than your goals/needs.  Here's a reminder of my plans:

1. Improve eating for the long term- this means substantially more greens.  Britt practices 90/10 (I think it's more like 95/5).  That means 90% of the time she eats something good and typically raw. 10% of the time she eats something sugary or processed.  As of right now, my plan is to be closer to 80/20.  I was probably 20/80 before this change.

2. Jump start my body and force my body to change its cravings-  When you eat a ton of greens your body will start to crave them.  I HATE vegetables.  Always have.  However, everyday my taste buds are changing.  Thank Jesus He is helping me in this area big time!  He wants to help you too!

Your goals may be different.  You may need to lose extreme weight.  My diet would work for you but I am not being as strict as you should be because I am generally healthy and want to do something I can do forever.  If you have a specific timeline you may want to consider a more strict plan.

Last note:  These blogs are descriptive in nature.  Not instructive.  I try to give you the things I am learning about myself along the way.  I can tell you that eating natural/raw foods is the best route for everyone.  However, if you want to do something similar it would be best for you to contact Britt at Go Nourished and work with her to build a custom plan for you based on your unique needs.



Down one more pound. So, that is almost 7 lbs in 5 days (Monday morning is 7 days for scale).



I have a long day of work ahead of me.  So, britt made banana pancakes.  If you've never had them you should try them.  They are just eggs and banana blended together.  They taste great and don't have any flour!  I put syrup on them but someone more serious should do honey or peanut butter or peanut butter honey! :)

I also had a piece of toast and eggs with cheese since I'm addicted and all...

I was working on the house all day so I didn't have time to stop for a long lunch.  Britt made me a turkey, cheese, spinach, and hummus sandwich with TWO pieces of bread!!  This is the most bread I have had in a while.  I actually felt a little bloated from it.  I also had some peanut butter with my apple.



Unfortunately, I didn't stop working until about 7:30pm.  So, my dinner was a lot later than what I like.  I was REALLY hungry.  Britt made me a burger with cheese with homemade guac on top.  Blueberries on the side and some veggie chips to eat the guac.  The guac and veggie chips tasted SO good.  She also made a veggie slaw (I think that is what she called it).  It had broccoli, asparagus, and kale.  Note to Britt- Put that "veggie slaw" on the "do not serve" list. Love and appreciate you!



Did I say how much I loved the guac and chips?  Man, it was good but it has a ton of (good) fat.  The only issue is no matter how they market it no good tasting chips are really good for you.  So, if you're like me and you're normally a two-basketer at the mexican restaurant then we need to learn to manage our serving size.  Please remember, when it's green you should eat as much as you want.  You shouldn't have to manage serving sizes for any veggies.  So, if you're on a "portion control" diet consider just eating good stuff and not having to worry about portions.

I have one more post tomorrow and then I'm going to switch to weekly posts.  I appreciate everyone following along and I appreciate those that have reached out and told me that I am impacting you.

If you are a Christian remember that God's Grace is available to you to reach your goals and be a healthier you.  You can access what is available by simply accepting His help and thanking Him regularly because you know He is there with you helping you every step of the way.  When you feel like you screwed up speak your Righteousness through your Faith in Christ.

By His Grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment