blog design

Friday, January 8, 2016

Eating Change Day 4

Day 4
I wasn't able to weigh in today because I am out of town.

I had a late night so I planned on sleeping in.  I woke up early anyways so I decided to workout.  It was about 10 degrees outside so for the first time in 10 years I decided to run on a treadmill.  I ran 3 miles.  Running is boring enough without starring at a wall...

For breakfast I had eggs, toast with butter, and fresh fruit.

 

As I said in a previous post, this traveling was what I was most worried about.  Also, day 4-5 are always when my weight loss slows.  So, I ate way more than I do at home to keep my stomach as full as possible.  I also didn't eat as much greens as britt has been feeding me.

I am eating out twice but I have a plan.

If you are reading this thinking about how it relates to you please understand these really important points:

1. I want a life solution. Not a 10, 14, 21, 30 (or whatever else you see on facebook) reboot/solution.
2. I'm going to eat out at some point in my life.  Sure, if you are in an urgent situation be more strict with your diet change.  However, reprogramming my brain is just as important as losing weight.  Probably more important.  That means I need to change the way I decide what I eat when we go out to eat.  This goes back to what I wrote about eating out always being a treat for me in my mind.

Anyways, brace yourself because I probably won't lose weight these days.  Don't lose focus on what is important.  Feed your body what it needs.  Help your body be healthy inside and it will "look" healthy outside over time (see britt for example).

I ate the below food in two separate meals.  One at 11:30 and one around 3:30.  I did that because of Britt and I's unique plans for the evening (looking at houses and eating out).


Britt included this in what I can eat:



They are an excellent replacement if you like chips.  I really liked them.  I think I ate too many...

After looking at houses we went through a Burger King (we never do this) to get the kids chicken nuggets and apple sauce.  That was the worst.  My mouth was watering smelling the grease and burgers.  I can't wait for the day that my body doesn't crave that anymore.  By the way, I probably ate a burger from a fast food restaurant 10 times in all of 2015.  So, this wasn't a big hurdle for me.  If you are in a little deeper you should consider not putting yourself in this position.

Britt and I ordered some sushi.  I had two rolls and some spicy mayo (love spicy mayo).  So, it was the first time I had white rice and the first time I had anything like mayo.  Sorry, forgot to get a picture (I am really getting tired of being "I take pictures of my food- guy")

Once again, I am not cleansing or trying to prove I can lose 20 lbs in 10 days (done that before).  I am reprogramming and changing my life.

By His Grace


No comments:

Post a Comment