blog design

Monday, January 11, 2016

Eating Change Day 7

Day 7
What a different experience this has been. I feel good.  I'm not dizzy, tired, grumpy, or counting down days to some made-up "end goal day."  I'm not saying "reboots" or cleanses are bad.  Don't hear that.  I'm just not in that mindset anymore.

I've been posting my daily weight because I know people need that to get interested.  Honestly, I don't really care what the scale says.  Yeah, it is a hard baseline.  However, it can be manipulated so easily.  I could dehydrate myself and remove most of the solid food from my body and lose another 7.  But, doesn't it sound silly when you think about that?  The world tells us that number signifies health.  However, when we really think about it we know that's not always true.  That number becomes so important that business people create plans and marketing efforts solely around that number.  You see it as a success because of the number.

I have found that we don't know what "good" feels like until we feel better.  Many people are walking around in pain and they don't even know it.  It is a different kind of pain.  It's joint pain. It's stomach pain. It's blood pressure.  It's cholesterol.  It's mental cloudiness.  It's these weird "diseases" we have invented over the last couple years.  I'm not going to name any of them so I don't offend anyone.  People don't know how their food is affecting them until they change.  You can look at someones number and know they weigh more or less than you.  However, you don't know how they feel.  They may not know how they feel.  We all are okay until we aren't.  There's a big range between okay and not okay.

When I was a Sophomore or Junior in High School I weighed about 270 or so lbs.  I remember having a very vivid dream where I was running down the street by my old middle school and sprinting up this little hill.  I remember not being winded, taking long strides, and feeling really free.  I'm not sure where that dream came from, but it has always inspired me.  I think it felt like what it would be like to run like my friend Matt Hammersmith (stop, hammer time).  Running like that has a number associated to it.  However, it also has a feeling.  Eating well and feeling well is the same thing.  I could have went on a twenkie diet and monitored my calories and lost 7 lbs in 7 days.

So, after 6 full days (weigh-in in the morning) I am down 7 lbs.  I have another very long physical working day. So, I'm going to eat more carbs and calories than normal.  So, probably won't see any weight loss tomorrow.  Sorry!



Eggs, toast, and apple with peanut butter for breakfast.



I made a almond milk, 2 banana, and two spoon fulls of peanut butter shake.  I know, it has tons of sugar and unnecessary calories.  GET OFF MY BACK! :)



We felt like eating out after church.  I typically get soup and a sandwich.  Switched the sandwich for a caesar salad (caesar dressing isn't very good for you).  Also, tore up the multi-grain bread and put it in the LOADED BAKED POTATO soup!  Please note:  This soup is the opposite of good for you.  Tons of sodium, whipping cream, white potatoes, bacon, etc.  It didn't make me feel great but it was what I wanted.  If you are doing something more urgent then don't eat this kind of thing.  I did it because of what I explained above.



I worked hard all afternoon and ate the below for dinner.  I finished my soup (bad for me) and ate this really interesting lasagna type of meal.  It had wheat noodles and used fried (in coconut oil) sweet potatoes for the crunch.  It had a homemade tomato sauce, kale, and cheese.  It was pretty good!



So, this is my last daily post.  I'm going to do one more post showing the before and after shots and final weigh in.  I appreciate you following along.  I hope I have encouraged you as much as some of you have encouraged me.  I'm going to try to do a weekly blog if I remember.

By His Grace!

No comments:

Post a Comment