blog design

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Day 5 "Half Way There"

Day 5
Today has been better and worse at the same time.  I don't necessarily feel sick or hungry but rather just tired of Juice.  I haven't had a juice that tasted good since Saturday and I really am really craving something with substance.  My mind and body have both went through transformations over the past 5 days but my mind is struggling to keep up.  I have lost a considerable amount of weight (I am not going to say how much until the end) but my mind is constantly cloudy.  When I am able to sit at my desk and forget that I haven't ate anything in 5 days I am fine.  It is when my stomach gets hungry or I look at the bottle of juice sitting next to me that I start thinking about food.

Joy of the Lord

I had to stay up kind of late last night because one of my friends is painting our bathroom.  We just got an antenna so we can get free HD channels so I was flipping around seeing what was on.  I stumbled across a Joyce Meyer's teaching and decided to see what she had to say.  In typical Joyce Meyer fashion she was telling me exactly how it is.  She was talking about the Joy of the Lord.  Now, I have understood for a while that I find joy in food but Joyce had a powerful way of reminding me of what God can do for you in your time of need.  She spoke of Paul and his writings in Philippians.  Paul said in Philippians chapter 4

"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."


If I was casually reading through this I might think, "Paul probably has the perfect life."  That's actually not the case.  If you study this out you will find that Paul was in prison at this time.  Not only was he in prison but he was in the middle of the city where all the sewage drained to and he was ankle deep in sewage.  So, lets ask the question "how was Paul able to rejoice in the Lord?"  He knew that the Lord is near (in him).  This allowed him to be anxious about nothing and pray about everything.  Not being anxious about whats going to happen next would give us the peace we are looking for that transcends all understanding.  When you focus on Jesus He will guard your heart and mind.

Moving forward with the fast

Is this Juice fast easy?  No, in fact I hate it.  I wish I would have only did 5 days.  I can't even imagine choking down another juice tonight but it is something that I committed to and I have to finish.  I know God is walking with me and I look forward to a better day tomorrow.

Be Joyful because God is Good!

1 comment:

  1. You got this Ryan, let your competitiveness kick in. Yes, it's true I turn everything into a game and I want to win everytime! I'm kinda interested in doing this myself...

    ReplyDelete