blog design

Friday, June 8, 2012

Day 7

Day 7

Today was pretty uneventful.  I had the typical hunger and craving issues but I have definitely turned a corner.  I saved my breakfast juice and sipped on it all morning so I could keep my body full with the energy I needed.  I also saved the last little bit and filled it with water so I could have it after lunch.  My lunch was better today and I started using a water bottle with a small opening at the top.  This made it so that I couldn't smell or see what I am drinking.  This made it much easier!

Work days are pretty slow since I am constantly thinking about what I would like to eat.  I have found that I don't have any desire to give into eating something solid when I go places like gas stations or see what my friends are eating around me.  My mouth has stopped watering at the smell of one of my favorite foods but my mind is still focused on what I am going to eat after I am done.  I have had weird cravings for avocado because of all the advertisements going on right now by Subway and a handful of other places.  Did I mention that I have never ate avocado?

We went to our friends Mike and Nicole's house tonight.  They have been encouraging through this time and Mike and I are having a competition to see who loses the most weight.  It isn't really a competition for me because I can't lose any more weight than what my body is losing.  Mike is running 30 miles over the 10 days and trying to eat better to compare how much weight can be lost while working out compared to juicing.

I have come far enough now that I know I will finish.  I find it hard to give up a weekend to my juice fast but I keep reminding myself how many weekends I have spent killing my body with fatty foods.

Tomorrow is my last day of work, which has been an major goal that I have been looking forward to from the beginning.  I am excited about finishing this fast and starting a new, healthier lifestyle.

Cheers to better health!

1 comment:

  1. Got to say that I am pretty proud of what you are doing even though I think that it is crazy;) Go Ryan Go Love ya

    ReplyDelete