blog design

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Day 8

Day 8

Well, today was the last day of the work week.  It will be smooth sailing from here.  I started my day out by spilling my lunch all over the back of my car so I wasn't too optimistic about the possibilities of what the day would have to offer.  I decided to save my breakfast and sip on that throughout the day and chew some gum.  Gum is allowed in my fast but if you are going to do one of your own I would recommend thinking about what the gum is doing to your body.  For me, I needed it to get the taste out of my mouth and settle my stomach down.  I chew sugarfee gum but I am sure it is putting things in my body that I wouldn't like.  Once I got home I tried my lunch juice and it was disgusting so I threw it out and made a fruit heavy dinner.  If you have been reading from the beginning you would know that I am trying to have a veggie filled lunch and dinner, but I can't take it any more.

Britt and I went on a nice walk along the riverwalk and talked about things we could do that don't have anything to do with food.  We came up with a nice little list and I am excited about knocking some of these things off with our Son. It was nice having enough energy to go on a walk but my head is still cloudy and I feel like I am in slow motion at times.  Britt's mom decided to come out tonight and stay through tomorrow.  Most of our time with her includes a nice dinner and waking up to a huge breakfast so it is going to be weird not eating.  Once Marcia got out here we decided to go to watch the fireworks at the silver hawks game.  I am sure that prior to my fast we would have replaced this with going for ice cream or some other food related experience.  My old company, Melrose Pyrotechnics did the fireworks, and they were awesome!  I would highly recommend getting out to the cove on a Friday night to see these!  We got home kind of late so I was really hungry and kind of dizzy so I went to bed.  For those of you that are thinking about doing a fast, please know that my dizziness is not typical.  If I liked the juice (especially veggie juice) I would have been drinking all day and night and would have felt fantastic.  Since I hate the taste of the juice right now I am sacrificing feeling good for not having to put another ounce of juice in my mouth.

Recommendation
So, what I recommend is getting a juice and find a "go-to" fruit filled and veggie filled mix.  This will allow you to make that recipe when all else fails.  Also, since it is such a mind game, your mind will tell you that you like that recipe and it will make a world of difference.

Cheers to better health!

No comments:

Post a Comment