blog design

Friday, June 1, 2012

Juicing Day 1

Day 1

Day 1 of the Juice fast is great so far!  I have never had so much energy to start my day.  I have decided to follow somewhat of a schedule but also listen to my body for when it needs nourishment.  Part of my rebooting process is teaching my mind and body that food is not meant to be for entertainment but rather nourishment.  I am believing that when I am done with this fast that I will be able to pay more attention to Britt when we go out to eat rather than paying so much attention to our entertainment (food).  I also hope to be a healthier dad for my son because he deserves it.

For breakfast, I have decided to maintain a 70/30 recipe of fruits and veggies.  The fruits will be a natural 5 hour energy and help me be focused early in the morning.  For lunch, I am aiming for a 40/60 recipe of fruits and veggies.  This will help me train my body to love veggies but also give me energy to finish my day.  For dinner, I will try to maintain a 20/80 fruits to veggies ratio so I can provide my body with the nourishment it needs while also providing my taste buds with the fruits that it loves!

Breakfast and Preparing Lunch:

My breakfast was fantastic!  It gave me a ton of energy and really filled me up.  I feel more satisfied that I normally do with my usual sugar cereal and I am excited about the day.  I made my lunch juice this morning and included a wide variety of veggies and a few fruits.  I put a whole beet in the juice which might have been a bad idea because it seems to be overpowering the drink.  I am focusing on drinking plenty of water and I would be lying if I said my body isn't already responding to this weird supply of nutrition.  I am receiving God's Grace today for my mind and body and receiving a supernatural experience while my body detoxes and prepares for tomorrow's 5k.


Lunch

Breakfast has come and went and the veggie-filled mix that I made this morning is defiantly not the exciting boost of energy that my breakfast mix supplied me.  An overabundance of celery and beets leaves a bad taste in my mouth.  One thing I have definitely discovered is how surprisingly filled the juice leaves me.  I had to go out of the office from 10am-12pm and when I got back I was hungry!  After about 16oz of juice I was filled and ready to take on the afternoon!  Compare this to my typical lunch of fatty foods that leaves me hungry and eventually a bad feeling in my stomach for the rest of the afternoon.  

I gave some to my coworker, peg, who is thinking about trying a short juice fast but she didn't like it.  I found that holding my breath and swallowing it straight down has worked!  I look forward to trying a different recipe tonight unless I end up eating the same thing I ate for lunch.

Dinner

After a long day at work I typically come home excited about dinner.  Today, I went home wondering what britt and I were going to do without food entertaining us for a few hours.  I had about 20oz of my lunch juice left so I drank that when I got home.  The juice was a bad recipe so I wasn't very excited about it.  I drank it with plenty of water and it did its job by filling my stomach.  I have already started planning my awesome juice for the morning.  I am running a 5k in the morning so I want to put the right produce in the drink so that I can be as energized as possible.  I feel confident that I won't have any issues running the race since it is only 3.1 miles.  For the next couple days I am going to try to find vegetables that are not high in sugar that I like so I can put them in my lunch and dinner juices.  Well, it was a good first day.  I am changing my mind and I have already noticed a difference in the way I feel.  Tomorrow morning we will see how one day of Juicing affects a person that is use to eating a lot of calories.  Cheers to better health!

No comments:

Post a Comment