blog design

Monday, June 4, 2012

Juicing Day 3 "Detox"

Day 3

So, I titled today's Juicing experience as "Detox" because it is typically the day that the body detoxes all the crap I have been putting in it.  Most people talk about sleeping all day, and diarrhea.  I started the day tired, achy, and sore from my 5k race.  I immediately started planning what juices I was going to put in my juicer to start my day.  I had a great juice and started off with plenty of energy.  I took my juice with me to church so if I got hungry during church I could eat.  I have had occasional headaches throughout the day but as soon as I drink some of the juice the headache will leave within minutes.

Remodeling the Bathroom

I started remodeling the bathroom a few weeks ago and had scheduled one of my friends to come paint it today.  I wasn't really that excited about this because I felt like relaxing the majority of the day.  I had to put up trim and get the bathroom ready which made me really tired and even light headed at times when I hadn't ate or drank for a while.  Eventually, I finished everything and was able to go and sit down and watch tv with britt.

Dinner

Britt decided to make one of the most appetizing meals I have ever smelled.  This was very difficult and my stomach started to ache.  The last thing in the world I wanted was a veggie filled juice but that is all I could have.  I decided to put half a pineapple in with my greens.  The pineapple ended up supplying a lot of juice but I put too much parsley in it which was really overwhelming.  I drank it almost all the way down and left about 10oz just in case I was hungry later.  This filled me up and took away the desire for solid food.

Popsicle's

I love strawberry kiwi everything.  So, I decided to put 2 lbs. of strawberries and  one kiwi in and make popsicles and juice.  The juice was pretty sour so I put some water in it to dilute it.  We froze the juice to make popsicles and they turned out tasting pretty good, not to mention giving me something else other than a liquid to eat.

Thoughts on the Day

So today was defiantly the worse day so far.  However, it is one day closer to accomplishing my goal.  I look forward to getting back to work tomorrow and continuing to get my mind off food.  This is not going to be easy but I am excited to finish this fast and hopefully have a life and mind change.  Cheers to better health!

No comments:

Post a Comment